Our Community Service
The Gamma Iota chapter of Phi Sigma Sigma values community service in our everyday life. We support the Worcester community and surrounding areas. The sisters of Phi Sigma Sigma far exceed their requirement of 8 hours of community service per semester through various reach programs. We also partner up with and support other Greek organizations to fundraise money for their foundations as well. Some of our community service opportunities include:
- Relay for Life: Our sisters spend a lot of time and effort into planning, creating, table sitting, and volunteering for Relay for Life- an even put on by Colleges Against Cancer. Many of our sisters hold leadership positions in CAC, and Phi Sigma Sigma is frequently one of the teams that raises the most money every year.
- Elm Park Community School: We love being able to visit this Elementary school close to WPI to spend time reading with the students and showing them the importance of education.
- Girl Scout Day: We love spending time with Girl Scouts when they come to campus on this day to help foster their knowledge and love for STEM.
- Hope Lodge: Our sisters love to spread some sunshine at the Hope Lodge of Worcester.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters: Many of our sisters participate in this program in Worcester that provides mentors for underprivileged students.
- Work on Worcester: Our sisters team up with other WPI Greek organizations and volunteers each year to clean up the city.